Care

Diffuser care

Opening your diffuser

Take care when removing the plastic stopper - tease it out gently making sure not to spill. Place the reeds directly into the diffuser and allow to absorb. The reeds are very porous, so there is no need to ‘flip’, however if you do it is recommended you use gloves when handling the reeds.

General care

    • The liquid is flammable, so do not light the reeds and do not ingest.
    • Do not place the diffuser directly on to polished, painted, plastic or leather surfaces, or on electrical equipment, as accidental spillage may cause damage to certain materials.
    • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
    • People suffering from perfume sensitivity should be cautious when using this product.

 

Candle Care

The first burn

When you first light your candle always allow the entire surface of the candle to become molten as this will ensure an even burn, prevent tunnelling and maximise the scent ’throw’.  This may take up to 4 hours on your first burn but don’t burn for more than 4 hours.

A word about wicks

It is important to keep your wick trimmed to 5mm before lighting or relighting. This will reduce smoking and result in an even burn.

If you find that the candle does smoke, extinguish and ensure that the wick is upright above the wax, then allow the wax to solidify before trimming the wick to 5mm before relighting.

The wonders of wax

Soy wax has a ‘memory’! When you light your candle for the first time, if you don’t allow it to burn right to the sides of the container it will remember and make it difficult to fully maximise the burn on future burns.

You may also find that the surface of your candle has slight blemishes in the wax. This is a natural occurrence with soy wax and how it reacts to the fragrance - this will in no way detract from the quality and scent of your candle.

Good candle etiquette

  • Snuff the flame to extinguish.
  • Avoid placing in draft areas as this leads to an uneven and rapid burn.
  • Keep the wax pool free from debris.
  • Extinguish the candle when 5mm of wax remains.
  • Alway protect the surface on which your candle stands.
  • And always keep out of the reach of children and pets.

 

Why not recycle your used candle glass? Once cooled simply scoop out the remaining 5mm of wax and wick (you may have to use a spoon to scoop the adhesive used to stabilise the wick) then wash in hot soapy water and dry with a paper towel - and voila your glass is ready to reuse.

@brownanddrury on Instagram